Why are people so offended by #BlackLove but pro #InterracialDating?

In the Book Store Forums GenDis (General Discussions) Why are people so offended by #BlackLove but pro #InterracialDating?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Clifford Onehundredd Clifford Onehundredd 1 year ago.

• Author
    Afrikan Library
    Afrikan Library
    Keymaster

Why are people so offended by #BlackLove but pro #InterracialDating? Let’s Discuss

Afrikan Library
    Afrikan Library
    Keymaster

Let’s not get it twisted we know black love is still the norm and probably will always be. However I notice a lot on social media whenever anybody (with a large following) has anything to say about black love, nation building and black family – people seem outraged. Even other black people…But on the subject of interracial dating it’s all “love is blind” and “I need to swirl”. Hmmm…

I_Am_Masego
    I_Am_Masego
    Participant

I’m not bothered by the white responses. My issue is when our people themselves are against their own. It all boils ddown to how those who react negatively perceive themselves. In most cases to them it’s “White is right” and unaware of the level of self-hate. Loving ourselves and each other isn’t wrong. It just empowers us. Black love is POWER.

I just think people are still so used to being swayed into ‘society’s standards’ of what they think love and beauty represents. We must understand that a healthy admiration for our women and vice versa for the ladies– is a must when we talk in terms of black love. Black Love is not only just about intimacy—that is the coming together under romance as black/Afrikan people with a consciousness of value for one another, but it is also about symbolic imagery, to love and uplift our people–in their beauty, in their efforts, in their endeavors, in their quest of life. That means if I see a pretty black woman, I should acknowledge her beauty and encourage her to love respect, be true to and know herself. I should also be sure to feed her mind with some wisdom, conscious views of how to go about life with a defense mechanism. That way she doesn’t fall victim to the traps that promote the plight of Blacks/Afrikans. Likewise, black women also have the responsibility to uplift their men. You don’t want to continue to create the stereotypical men, and cause self-hatred of black women. Interracial Dating isn’t a problem unless it’s used as a layer to berate or devalue the black woman or black man in the process. We also must be aware that not all interracial hookups are exceptional. You do have people who date outside their race sometimes to impose ‘dominance’, this can even be a tactic used in sexuality—sexual imagery and dominance often psychologically changes their perception of their own views of attraction to their own race. EXAMPLE: “Black guys are lusted by white women and other races of women.” : This is called sexual dominance from both perspectives. Black men are perceived as ‘excellent’ sexual partners because of obvious advantages and the images society has promoted of the black sexual persona. From the women’s perspective it becomes a competition, the white girl or what ever nationality woman decides to get with the black man to have a sexual experience and there becomes a back and forth sexual urge and dominance. If the woman pleases the man better than others this will sometimes unconsciously sway the black man away from his perception of his own black women or at least his preferred type. Unfortunately black women have fallen victim to the separation aspect of their own men and often create the idea that people are ‘stealing their men’ or ”niggas aint shit’ or other rants. This inevitably creates the theory that the black woman perceives herself as not good enough. That’s why we have to be very sincere and careful when it comes to our women and each other. Black Love is still alive, but it’s very difficult to secure and will require work. It would help if the black couple were both conscious of their blackness and value before they progress into a long lasting love relationship.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.